The Antigone Project was created to raise awareness on Gender Based Violence and prevent it through school theater workshops. It’s a project based on participatory theater techniques, aims to allow and give tools to secondary school teachers from all over Europe, to be able to organize theater workshops in order to raise awareness of the GBV in their classroom. To achieve this, the project will develop a manual in relation to the organization of school workshops with all the necessary information, which will allow teachers in their schools to use the theater method independently. Based on this manual, we will develop training material and organize online and face-to-face courses for teachers in all partner countries.
Develop a method focused on the application of theatrical methodologies to talk about issues related to gender-based violence with a specific focus on the role of the teacher; to integrate the use of participatory theater as a method of raising awareness in relation to gender-based violence; develop the skills of teachers to independently use prevention interventions focused on participatory theater in order to raise awareness on gender-based violence; develop resources to allow independent use by teachers and educational operators after the end of the project.
- First step – October 2021, first transnational meeting in Budapest
- Second Step – from November 2021 to February 2022, organization of a refresher course for teachers about raising awareness on gender-based violence through theater workshops
- Third Step – January 2022, second transnational meeting in Belgrade
- Fourth Step – from February to March 2022, online course held by university teacher and workshop in the presence of the performer and actress Marta Tabacco
In addition to Italy, represented by the AIDA Foundation, the following participate in the project:
- Udrujenije Gragdana Dah Teatar – Centar Za Pozorishna Istrajivanja,
- Serbia (project leader);
- Theatro Aeroploio – Ena Theatro Giapaidia (Greece);
- Action Synergy SA (Greece);
- Association of Young Psychologists in Bulgaria (Bulgaria);
- Insite Drama Oktatasi, Kulturalis es szolgatato non profit korlatolt Felelossegu Tarsasag (Hungary);
- Hogskulen Pa Vestlandet (Norway);
- RealStars (Sweden)
Visit the Facebook page